Do you have multiple dwellings with flat roofs in your fire district? If you do, then you’ll want to watch this two-part video from Flashover TV.
Battalion Chief Ted Corporandy, Ret. of the San Francisco, CA Fire Department explains what you need to consider and do when venting these kinds of roofs, including:
- What tools and equipment you need
- How to size up a roof
- Things to look for and how to deal with them, including skylights, scuttle covers, and vent caps
- Where to cut your ventilation hole
- Why you should cut only one ventilation hole
- Where to make trench cuts
- How to do horizontal ventilation
- How to rescue victims from windows via the roof
Watch these videos now.